Jazz Up Your Water With Infused Herbs And Drink All The Benefits It Has To Offer!Nikki
We all know how important it is to consume water in our day-to-day life, but chugging gallons of water can be pretty tasteless and boring. I recently started infusing water with different herbs and it has changed the H20 game for the better! I found two AWESOME herbal infusions that I have to share with all of you.
The first infusion can be used for immune support and consist of ginger and elderberry.
- Ginger: Reduces inflammation while working as a digestive aid and helps strengthen your immune system
- Elderberry: Used for antioxidant activity (You can purchase the actual berry or use a few drops of elderberry extract)
The second infusion is to help with sleep and consist of valerian root, passion fruit and lemon balm.
- Valerian: Helps with falling and staying asleep and supports anxiety and pain relief (You can purchase valerian extract so you don’t have to stick a dirty root in your water!)
- Passion fruit: Anxiety reliever and helps lower blood pressure
- Lemon Balm: Calms the mind and encourages restful sleep
Infusing water is easy. All you have to do is place the herbs you are using in a pitcher. Add water to the pitcher and let the herb and water mixture sit for 2-4 hours. If you need to cut any ingredients, slice them thin. This will speed up the infusion process. The amount of herbs used depends on personal preference and water ratio. The more herbs, the stronger the infusion and the longer the water sits, the more infused with flavor it becomes. Add ice or refrigerate and enjoy!
Now you can stay hydrated while strengthening your immune system by day and sleeping peacefully by night!
Live Life Pure