Flat Bread with Rosemary, Sea Salt and Olive Oiljen
Grain-free, vegan and nut-free!
– 1/2 cup of tapioca starch
– 1/2 cup cassava flour
– 1/3 cup coconut flour
– 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp dried parsley
– Pinch of garlic powder
– Pinch of garlic salt
– 2 tbsp chia seeds (I prefer white) mixed with 2 tbsp of warm water
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 3/4 cup warm water
– 1/2 tsp honey
– 1/2 tsp baking soda mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees (best to use a pizza stone if you have and place in oven now so it heats up. If not, a baking sheet is fine but do NOT preheat in oven.)
– In a small bowl, combine the chia seed and water and set aside
– Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix with fork
– In a small bowl, combine the water and the oil and the honey
– Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with fork
– Next add chia seed mixture and mix again
– Then in a small bowl or cup, add the baking soda and then the apple cider. It will start to bubble. Add to big mixture and combine
– When all combined, should have a nice dough.
– Place on a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out with a roller. Shape into a large square or circle about a 1/4 inch thick.
– Place in oven on baking stone or on a baking sheet and Bake for 15 minutes.
– After 15 minutes, take out of oven and brush with olive oil, dried rosemary and course sea salt.
– Back in oven for 5 minutes.
– Drizzle with more olive oil and eat up.