Eat Free: Broccoli SoupJennifer
Eating clean does not have to be boring, dull or tasteless!
What’s better than warm soup on a cold day? Or any day for that matter? For me a rich, thick, nutrient dense soup that eats like a meal, only takes 15-20 minutes to make, and has just a handful of ingredients is a win, win, win!
Not only is this soup bowl-licking-delicious, but the benefits of broccoli are endless!
First and foremost, it is anti-inflammatory and supports your body’s natural detoxification process. It contains fiber which helps aid in digestion and it’s an anti-aging immune system builder.
Broccoli is a powerful antioxidant and has the most concentrated source of vitamin C, higher than any other cruciferous vegetable you can eat.
This is one of the many simple, beautiful, right-from-nature foods that you will find on my blog; all easy to make into delicious dishes.
1 head of broccoli – flower portion only
3 cups water
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion
2 tbsp olive oil, then another 2 tbsp when blending
- Clean broccoli and cut off flowers
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in soup pot
- When the oil is warm, add chopped up onion and garlic and cook until translucent
- Add broccoli, water and salt and pepper
- Cover and let cook on medium heat until you can easily put a fork through the broccoli
(approximately 12-15 minutes)
- When done add all contents from the pot to a Vitamix
Yes, you can use another blender but I strongly suggest making the investment. Well worth it as I use mine everyday for everything!
7. Start blending on a slow setting and work your way up to a quicker speed
8. When on high speed start to drizzle in a steady stream of the extra 2 tbsp of olive oil
9. Give one last blast at high speed then pour and enjoy! I like to drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and add some fresh cracked pepper
Simple, clean, yum!